The Department of Paediatric Surgery have been functioning full fledged in cohesion with the department of General Surgery since the inception of this Hospital.
Paediatric surgery dept provide specialised surgical treatment options for infants, children and adolescents suffering from different congenital anomalies and various emergency conditions. The Department provides family centred services for the diagnosis and treatment of various paediatric ailments with age ranging from newborn till 18 years of age.
At ZHRC, the presence of Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and PICU enables the surgeons to take care of children with complex surgical problems. In such situation the care plan is done in consultation with the Paediatrician and Neonatologist.
The procedures are performed by highly qualified and experienced medical professionals.
- Childhood cancer.
- Fetal diagnosis and management (including Antenatal counselling).
- Paediatric trauma management.
- Inguinal and Scrotal diseases.
- MIS ( Laparoscopic and Thorascopic surgeries).
- Vascular Surgical repair and Access.
- Paediatric urologic Surgeries:- Hypospadias,Phinosis,VUR,PUC etc.
- Paediatric and adolescent gynaecologic conditions.
- Newborn congenital anomalies.
- Paediatric CNS anomalies – congenital Hydrocephalus (VP shunt),meningomyelocele etc.
- Paediatric plastic surgery- crafting, post- burn contractures, syndactyly, skin conditions-Haemangioma ,lymphangiomas.
- Day care procedures (Hernia repair, hydrocele repair, circumcision, Tongue tie release etc
(Consultation Days : Monday to Saturday)
- Dr. Renchamo Kikon (MS, MCh) – Senior Consultant – General and Paediatric Surgeon
- Dr. Leonard J Ezung ((MS, MCh) Consultant – General and Paediatric Surgeon
- Work Experience –
- Worked as Junior Resident (General Surgery) from 2011 to 2014 and as senior resident for 1 year
- Worked as Senior Resident (General Surgery) in ESI Hospital, New Delhi.
- Worked as Senior Resident (Paediatric Surgery) in LHMC from 2016 to 2019.
- Paediatric Surgery Consultant, ZHRC from 2019 to present.
- Work Experience –