The Department of Orthopedic Surgery is manned by highly skilled Surgeon who aims to provide modern and evidence based treatment using latest techniques and implants at an affordable cost.
The Department provides 24×7 emergency musculoskeletal trauma and fracture care with round the clock ICU backup for polytrauma cases. It has a dedicated Operation Theatre with Fracture Table and C-arm facilities, which are needed for minimal invasive fracture surgeries.
The department also receives support from Physiotherapy Department in rehabilitation of post-operative patients, to enhance early recovery.
The most common Orthopaedic services provided are:
- Polytrauma fracture surgeries.
- Minimal invasive fracture fixation
- Geriatric and Osteoporotic fracture treatment
- Pediatric fracture treatment.
- Spine surgeries like Pedicle screws fixation, Lumbar diskectomy, ACDF.
- Joint replacement surgeries: Hip, Knee, Shoulder replacement.
- LRS external fixator and Ilizarov techniques for complex fractures and non-union.
- Limb Deformity correction surgery(osteotomy): cubitus varus/valgus, genu varum/ valgum, club foot, etc
- Sports injuries and Tendon Repair
- Treatment of Bone infections like Osteomyelitis, Bone TB.
Consultation Days : Monday to Saturday
Dr.Benthungo Tungoe (MBBS, MS) – Consultant Orthopaedics
- Work Experience : Consultant Orthopaedics at ZHRC from 2017 till date.